Mini brioche rolls
1. Slightly warm the milk, water and butter in a pan. Crumble the yeast into it and dissolve.
2. Whisk the sugar, salt and egg together and add to the yeast mixture.
3. Put the flour into a mixing bowl, add the yeast mixture and, using a dough hook, process into a smooth dough, about 3 minutes. Cover and place in a warm location for about 30 minutes until it has doubled in size.
4. Divide the dough into 14 portions and roll each into a ball. Take two of the balls and make 12 small balls, then place one on each of the remaining balls.
5. Place the dough balls into a greased muffin pan, cover and allow to rise about 20 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven (convection oven to 300 F / standard oven to 350 F). Place an oven-proof dish with water in the oven along with the rolls to make the brioche nice and tender.
7. Whisk the egg yolk with a little milk, brush the dough balls with it and then bake them for about 12 minutes until the brioche are golden brown.