Mascarpone cream cake
1. Line a Ø 26 cm spring form pan with baking parchment and grease. Preheat oven to 175 °Celsius.
2. Beat eggs with sugar until frothy. Mix flour, starch, baking powder and cocoa together and then fold into egg mixture. Pour the batter into the spring form pan and bake for 25-30 minutes on lower rack. Remove and place on rack to cool. When cool, remove form and slice into 3 horizontal layers.
3. Soften gelatin sheets in cold water. Mix mascarpone with vanilla sugar and sugar. Press water out from gelatin sheets and then dissolve them with 5 tablespoons cream in a saucepan. Beat remaining whipping cream until stiff.
4. Stir the dissolved gelatin into the mascarpone mass and fold in whipping cream.
5. Spread half of the mascarpone cream on the bottom cake layer. Place the second layer on top and spread the remaining cream on it. Place last cake layer on top. Chill the cake for about 2 hours.
6. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and garnish with fresh berries.