Grilled peaches with mascarpone cheese and Amaretti cookies
1. Cut the peaches in half and remove the pits.Place each half with the cut side facing up on a greased sheet of aluminum foil (or inside a small grill pan).
2. Mash the marzipan with a fork and blend with the mascarpone cheese. Spread on the peaches.
3. Coarsely crumble the Amaretti, spread over the fruit, and slightly press down. Baste with the Amaretto.
4. Cook inside the grill, lid closed, at medium heat for about 10 minutes, until the Amaretti are golden brown – check frequently, as cooking times may vary significantly based on the temperature of the grill!
5. Garnish with a mint sprig and the syrup that formed during the cooking process. For those who like it even sweeter: Serve with vanilla ice cream. This recipe also works well with nectarines.