1. Make a depression in the middle of the flour and add the egg, salt and olive oil. Carefully beat the egg and oil together with a fork. Then, slowly start bringing in flour from the edges to the middle to make the dough.
2. As soon as the dough is firm enough, you can use your hands to work in the rest of the flour.
3. Knead for another 10 to 15 minutes until the dough is a smooth and elastic ball. Roll the dough out with a pasta rolling pin until it is paper-thin (1-2 mm). Sprinkle the counter with more flour if needed.
4. Allow to rest for a quarter of an hour then carefully roll it together and cut into strips with a sharp knife. Unroll the little balls and lay flat on a dishcloth. Allow them to dry a bit before cooking. The pasta can also be prepared a day ahead.
5. When ready to eat, put the noodles in salted, boiling water. Cook one to two minutes and they are done.