• 250 g flour + and some flour for rolling out the dough
• ½ tsp. baking powder
• 80 g sugar
• 1 packet of vanilla sugar
• 1 egg
• 125g soft butter
Sugar / Cookie Dough
Makes about 35 cookies (depending on the size and shape of cookie cutters)
Prep time: 35 min. + 1 hr. to chill
1. Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl and blend. Add the rest of the ingredients and quickly knead into an even dough using your hands. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 170°C (350° F, upper and lower heat). Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out about 1/8” thick and cut with cookie cutters (stars, hearts, etc.). Gather up the remaining dough bits into a ball and roll out again to cut into shapes.
3. Place the cookies on a cookie sheet that has been lined with baking parchment and bake until golden brown or about 8 -10 min. Do not over-bake the cookies. Remove the cookies from the oven and cool them on a rack. Store the cookies in an air-tight container.