• 250 g flour (type 405) plus a little for work surface
• 1 tsp. baking powder
• 75 g sugar
• packet vanilla sugar (or substitute 2 tsp. vanilla extract)
• 1 egg (med.)
• 125 g cold butter
• powdered sugar, lemon juice, candied pearls for decorating
White Christmas Snowflake Cookies
For: 20 cookies
Preparation time: 25 minutes.
Baking time: 10-12 minutes.
Chill time: 2 hours
1. Using your fingers, rub the flour, baking powder, sugar, vanilla sugar,egg and butter together and then knead into a smooth dough. Wrap in plastic wrap and let rest in the refrigerator for about 1.5 hour.
2. Preheat oven to190° C (upper & lower heat) and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough out on a floured work surface to about .5 cm thickness and cut out 20 snowflakes (8 cm).
3. Place the snowflakes on a baking sheet leaving a bit of space and bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly brown. Remove from the oven and place on a rack to cool completely.
4. Stir the powdered sugar and lemon juice into a thick icing. Decorate cookies with the icing and candied pearls.