• 1.2 kg firm cooking potatoes, e.g., new potatoes
• 5 - 6 tbsp. clarified butter or ghee
• 3 branches of rosemary
For 4 people
Prep time: 20 min. + 25 min. cooking time
1. Wash potatoes and cook until soft in salted water. Drain the potatoes and peel if desired and then allow to cool. (The potatoes can also be cooked and peeled the day before.)
2. About 15 min. before serving, quarter the potatoes and break rosemary into small sprigs.
3. Heat the clarified butter in one or two frying pans, add the potatoes and brown on medium heat, turning several times, until potatoes are golden on all sides. Just before they are done, add the rosemary sprigs and continue browning until crispy.
4. Transfer the rosemary potatoes to a cookie sheet lined with paper towel to soak up excess fat, then salt them and put into bowls. Serve immediately.