• 300 g sugar
• 200 g butter
• 0.15 l cream
• 0.15 l dark syrup
• 1 Tbsp. ground ginger
• 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
• ½ Tbsp. ground cloves
• ½ Tbsp. ground cardamom
• 1 Tbsp. bicarbonate (sodium bicarbonate, baking soda if necessary)
• 1 kg flour
1. Slowly heat the butter in a pot with the sugar and fill in a mixing bowl. Add spices and syrup and mix everything with the mixer.
2. Beat the whipping cream until half hardened and add to mixing bowl. Mix the baking soda with half of the flour and also add to butter. Gradually mix in the rest of the flour.
3. Knead the dough on a floured surface and wrap in plastic foil or place it back in the bowl and cover. Leave the dough for a day in the refrigerator.
4. On the next day, remove portions of the dough and roll very thin. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees. Use forms to cut out various figures and then lay on a greased cookie sheet (or baking paper) and bake the cookies until golden brown.
5. Leave until completely cooled. The ginger snaps have a strong reaction to moisture, therefore they need to be stored in a cool, dry place.
< Back to overview