• 150 g cold butter
• 175 g flour (type 405) plus a little for work surface
• 175 g powdered sugar
1 pinch of salt
• 100 g almonds, ground
• 1 egg (med.)
• ½ tsp. cinnamon, ground
• powdered sugar, marmalade
For: 24 cookies
Preparation time: 35 minutes.
Baking time: 10 minutes.
Chill time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
1. Work butter, flour powdered sugar, salt, ground almonds, egg and cinnamon into a smooth dough. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to190° C (upper & lower heat) and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough out on a floured work surface to about .5 cm thicks and cut out 24 shapes Using a smaller cookie cutter, cut out smaller shapes inside half of the larger ones.
3. Bake the cookies on the middle rack of the oven for about 10 minutes until golden brown and then remove and cool completely. Spread marmalade on the cookies that have no center cutout. Sprinkle the others with powdered sugar and then set them on top of the marmalade cookies.