Kung Pao Shrimp
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 5 -7 mins
Total Time 15 mins
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade in a bowl & add shrimp to it. Mix well to coat the shrimp evenly. Cover & set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl. Mix well & set aside.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan and add whole dried red chillies, chopped dried red chillies, whole Sichuan peppers, ginger & garlic. Sauté for 1 minute on high heat or till the ginger & garlic are cooked halfway through.
- Add the snow peas (optional) & shrimp. Sauté on high heat till the shrimp begins to turn opaque, about 30 seconds.
- Add the spring onion, red peppers & green peppers. Sauté on high heat for about 30 second till the peppers turn soft.
- Pour in the sauce & add peanuts/cashews. Mix well on high heat for about 10 seconds and turn off heat.
- Serve hot with rice or noodles. Tastes great with a side of stir-fried bok choy.
- Sichuan peppers & red chillies can be kept whole, or reduced in quantity for a less spicy flavour.
- To use frozen uncooked shrimp in the recipe make sure it is completely thawed & drained before adding to the marinade.
- To use fresh shrimp, clean, devein, wash & drain before use.