Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1 ripe banana (sliced)
- 1/2 cup of porridge oats
- 2 tablespoons of walnuts
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1½ tablespoons of maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Raisins for garnishing
- Honey for garnishing
- In a small frying pan, toast the walnuts and place to one side.
- Place half of the banana in a small pot and mash roughly using a wooden spoon.
- Add the milk, water, salt, maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg and simmer over medium heat.
- Stir in the oats and simmer for around 1 to 2 minutes–stirring constantly.
- Remove the oat mixture from heat, place in a serving bowl, and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Cut up the rest of the banana into slices and sprinkle the toasted walnuts and raisins on top.
- Drizzle honey over the top before serving, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Kitchen Stories
This power bowl is a great way to kick start your morning and deliver the protein and nutrients your body needs to take on everything the day throws your way. We suggest serving this breakfast in one of the bowls from our Artesano Nature collection. These hand-painted bowls are the perfect accent to your Banana Bread Power Breakfast!
Check out the video below to see the unique craftsmanship that goes into our Artesano Nature collection!