Grilled Peach and Chipotle Salsa
- 6 firm, ripe peaches
- 2 shallots, peeled
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed
- 2 tsp. oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1-2 chipotle peppers, canned in adobo sauce
- 2 Tb. chopped cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1 Tb. honey (if needed)
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Cut each peach into 4 thick slices. Cut the shallots in half and the pepper in quarters. Lay the peaches, shallots and peppers on a baking sheets and toss with a little oil.
- Carefully place the peaches, shallots and peppers on the grill. Grill the peaches 1-2 minutes per side until nice grill marks have formed, but the peaches are still firm. Grill the shallots and pepper 2-4 minutes per side. Remove and cool.
- Chop the peaches, shallots and peppers into small ¼ inch chunks and place them in a bowl.
- Mince the chipotle peppers, then add them to the bowl along with the minced garlic, cilantro, the juice of 1 lime and honey.
- Mix well and salt and pepper to taste.
For a “saucier” salsa, puree half the peaches with the lime juice then, mix with the rest.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 8 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): approximately 4 cups
Recipe passionately provided by A Spicy Perspective